Power buff not powder puff: seniors win the annual power buff game 21-7 against juniors

Students of all grade levels fill the stands at the Power Buff game. All around you can hear students cheering as the announcer narrates the game.
Scarlett Ashford

On Wednesday, November 11th, 2023, County held its annual Power Buff game, where girls run the plays and guys stand on the sidelines. 

After finally finishing the PSAT that morning the day was topped off by heading to the football stadium to watch the Power Buff game. The atmosphere was lively on the fields, and team spirit was running high. 

The day started off with the Juniors and Sophomores facing off, with the Juniors in bright pink, and the Sophomores in blue. Unfortunately for the Sophomores, the Juniors ended up winning after some good runs. 

“It was fun. I decided to compete because SCA asked me to sign up, and I thought it’d be a fun activity,” Norah Lee said, a Sophomore. 

She’s planning to do it next year as well, and hopefully the Sophomores will be able to find newfound spirit as Juniors. Now let the games continue. 

“Freshman are on top!” Alexa Karschner said, a Freshman attending LCHS who participated in the Power Buff game. “We have a bunch of solid plays, and we are going to run the field!” 

Freshmen line the railing of the football stadium as Seniors and freshmen play against each other. All watch the game with high intensity as they call out to friends on the field. (Scarlett Ashford)

The freshman team, docked out in purple, then ran out onto the field to face the seniors in an intense game filled with well thought out plays and almost interceptions. In the end, the seniors came out on top.

“I’m so excited to be here, we’re going to win!” Camryn Kolodziej said, a senior, before her game against the freshman team. 

The senior team had figured out their plan, and with Zoe Kolodziej as the team’s quarterback, they made their way to the championship game where they won 21-7 as the final score! 

After a long day of testing, a last minute bell-schedule change, and Wellness Wednesday, County was able to end it in an engaging and positive light that brought out the spirit of all four grades. 

“Confidence is key!” Karschner said.