To Destress after PSATs, Students Enjoy PowerBuff Game

Jacob Luizer and Luke Yeager perform a cheer stunt with Tae Herron as the flier. 10/12/22. Photo courtesy of Olivia Powers.

After the PSAT, students gathered to watch the annual Powerbuff game. Previously known as the Powderpuff, each grade had a team, and all of the players had a great time on the field. 

The game was flag football, and each game lasted fifteen minutes long. The freshmen played the seniors, and the sophomores played the juniors. The seniors and juniors were the winners. But in the end, the seniors won this year’s Powerbuff game. 

“When the seniors won, it made me feel good because I’m a part of that class. So of course, I’m gonna support my class and we pretty much knew we were gonna win, even though it’s a pretty close game.” said senior Tae Herron.

Herron was a cheerleader during the game. His favorite part about being a cheerleader was flipping and getting thrown up in the air. He enjoyed being in a cheerleader’s shoes. 

Junior Madison Ruff  loved playing in the game and said it was super fun. If there was another, she said she would absolutely join again because it was a great experience. 

“On a scale of one-ten? 100,” said Ruff. “I play volleyball and my dad played college football.”

Playing volleyball and having a dad with a football background helped Ruff prepare to play in the Powerbuff.

Freshman Nalen Singh also enjoyed playing, saying it was fun and her favorite part was her team. Singh also plans to participate in any future games.

Overall, the student reactions were positive.  

With most students enjoying the afternoon, there were only a few suggestions for improvement. 

“I think they should have done tackle football,” sophomore Luke Soloman said. 

“I thought it could have been better and it could have been more interactive with everyone.” said freshman Riley Bensimon

However, most students had a great time whether on the field, or on the sidelines, or even cheering in the stands, and many are looking forward to the next Powerbuff Game.

“It was cool,” Soloman said.