The County Chronicle

The online newspaper for Loudoun County High School

The County Chronicle

The County Chronicle

Elizabeth Tyler is Ramming her way to Sheperd Lacrosse

Natalie Villaflor | Staff Writer

Elizabeth Tyler playing lacross
fo her travel team. She has been
playing since third grade. Photo
by: Allison Tyler.

With each edition of the Loudoun Raider, our staff recognizes two accomplished “Athletes of the Issue.”  Senior Elizabeth Tyler was chosen to be this issue’s featured female athlete.

Tyler has been an active athlete since third grade.  She has participated in sports ranging from soccer to field hockey, to lacrosse.

“I played soccer when I was really young and I started lacrosse in third grade.  I also played field hockey for a few years before it was a high school sport at County, just to keep in shape and now I’ve fallen in love with the sport and the team,” she explained.

With a main focus on lacrosse instilled in her elementary school years, Tyler got serious about the sport when she joined “Nova West Lacrosse” in seventh grade.  As a senior, she now participates on a travel team called “Renegades Lacrosse,” continuing to play a defensive position.

Throughout her high school career, she has earned a surplus of accolades from First Team All-Conference and All-District freshman through junior year.  This season, she is excited to continue to help lead the Lady Raiders in another successful season.

“I’m looking forward to a successful season this year with two great coaches and lots of fun, skilled, hardworking girls. I think it should be a great season,” she expressed.

Tyler plans to continue her lacrosse career at the collegiate level at Sheperd University located in Sheperdstown, West Virginia.

“I love the team at Sheperd and all of the 2018 commits as well. The team is really good and I like my coaches and their coaching style, I can’t to play for them. Sheperd has such a beautiful campus and surrounding town.  It’s also not too far away from home so my parents can come to watch my games,” she said.

With an evident love for the sport, it is no surprise this senior will continue to carry the same successful standards from Loudoun County, to West Virginia.